Wednesday, November 13, 2013

You, too?

You know how, when you buy a car, you start to notice that car model everywhere?  Or if you buy a car in a color you never had before, you start to see every car in that color?  You feel this sense of sibling-hood with those drivers.  You might feel like you should give a little nod to the other person to acknowledge your common bond.  The thing is, not everyone went out and got the same model or same color car when you did.  You're just more aware of it because it is now personally connected to you. Well, okay, this has gotten a bit silly, but I hope you know what I mean.

Over the last few years, and, more so in the last year and a half, my husband and I have been dealing with infertility.  We came to the end of our road after going through an unsuccessful round of in vitro fertilization (IVF).  It seems to be that my eggs suck and when combined with my endometriosis, getting pregnant isn't something I can do. Finances also come in to play. We took out a loan, but that didn't cover it all.  When all was said and done, we're talking about $20K with no baby to make it worth it. And, to just add to the awesomeness of it all, I get to have a hysterectomy.  Yep, my insides are such a mess of scar tissue that it's all gotta go.

What does all of this have to do with the car stuff that started off this entry?  Well, I watch a lot of TV and movies (needing to find a job gives me lots of time). I feel like I can't watch anything that doesn't have someone dealing with infertility or a hysterectomy.  Sometimes it hits me and I cry while watching.  I find myself wondering if I'm going through the car scenario.  Were these story lines prevalent before, or am I just more aware of them based on my personal experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment