Thursday, February 1, 2018

What's in a name?

So, Shawn and I started watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. The main character, Mrs. Maisel (obvi), is named Miriam, but goes by "Midge". This got me thinking about a neighbor when I was a kid. This old man a few doors down called me "Midge" for some reason.

I started to think about all of the nicknames I have accrued through the years. It all started with "Meg". l didn't know my actual name was "Margaret" until I started school. Of course attendance was taken and I was like, "Watchu talkin' 'bout, teacher?" Of course, it sucked because I had to learn how to write an 8 letter word instead of a 3 letter one.

So, as far as I can recall, here's the roll. This assumes the obvious names of "Bitch", "Asshole", and the like.

  • Meg
  • Margar
  • Peggy Sue
  • Megger
  • Megala
  • Meggles
  • Midge
  • Megaroni
  • Meggo
  • Megra
  • Mag
  • Moony
  • Babe
  • Mommy (for Jarvis)   
I think there are more, but I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment