Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Mind the meme

So, this meme is going around:

Imagine, for a moment, if you will, that I decided to edit it. What if I changed it so that the top said, "This is insulin." and the bottom text was on a picture of needles and vials and pens? Or, what if I changed the top to say, "This is chemotherapy." with the bottom picture being needles and ports and IVs with the "this is shit." text? Can you imagine the shit storm of hate that would come my way?

I grew up a few minutes walk from Lake Erie and a few minutes drive from an amazing parks system of tree lined trails and fields. So, according to this meme, why did I eventually end-up on drugs for depression and anxiety?

And today, well the last 11 years actually, I live in Colorado. The mountains are in view from my neighborhood. It doesn't take long at all for me to get to a trail system. So, again, I ask, why am I going through various treatment options for bipolar depression and anxiety?

Fuck the fucking asshats who continue to make light of the seriousness of the MEDICAL nature of mental illnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment