Wednesday, January 15, 2014

In the TV viewing audience...

If there is a marathon of Law & Order, I am so easily sucked in, it is ridiculous!!! The only way I can walk away or turn the channel is if I do it right when I hear, "In the criminal justice system..." I'm partial to original recipe and also like Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.  In my humble opinion, Law & Order: Criminal Intent is crap and an embarrassment to the other two series.

Since I have such mad love, well, addiction for the series, I started to think of my favorite characters "In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders." In the 20 years Law & Order was in production, many have filled these roles. I've come up with my list of who I think was the best in the main character roles. This is my list:

  • District Attorney -- Adam Schiff (Steven Hill)
  • Executive Assistant District Attorney -- Jack McCoy (Sam Waterston)
  • Assistant District Attorney -- Claire Kincaid (Jill Hennessy) [tough choice]
  • Detective -- Lennie Briscoe (Jerry Orbach) [not even a question that he had the best lines]
  • Detective -- Mike Logan (Chris Noth) [another tough choice, but his partnership with Briscoe was pretty great]
  • Lieutenant -- Anita Van Buren (S. Epatha Merkerson) [She was practically the only head of police, and Donald Cragen (Dann Florek) went to SVU, so he wasn't really lost]
And, that's the end of my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment